Saturday, January 26, 2008
Views from the Inside






We're all moved in. So here are a few shots of the inside of the house. It's open to the second level and has neat concrete beams. It also has a tatami room with shoji screens, traditional rice straw mats, and a cabinet for the (cremated) ancestors! There are also several fancy-schmancy toilets with seat heaters, bidets and a dozen different buttons that we don't have a clue as to what they do. The oven is so tiny half of our pans won't fit inside and there's a built in drawer aka a "fish cooker." But the best thing of all is we have a yard again! Ty was around just long enough to get us unpacked and then left for several weeks of training in Nevada.



8 Comments:

Blogger Brook said...

Love it! The new house is beautiful Anna! The yard looks like it's really big. It looks so nice too, you have such a great decorating touch.

Brook

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like you will have room to stretch your legs and room for the kids to run. It looks beautiful and you have already made it into a home.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The concrete house puts you on par with Charlie Hilton's house on the beach! NO termite problems! Good to see more here - I was worried about y'all! Say hey to the little ones for me!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna,

I love the house - it's really neat! And it's amazing how good you can make that military issued furniture look. Your native pieces look beautiful in the house. By the way, the anonymous above is Dennis. He's been checking the blog every single day. Love you all. Mom

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna,
Congrats on your new home! How do the kids like it? Sorry, Ty has left again. Keep the pics coming as you continue to decorate.

Regena

Blogger Christal said...

Hey guys!

Your house is beautiful! You are such an inspiration...you have such a wonderful touch. Debbie and Tommy are excited about getting to see you all soon. We ate lunch with them at Callahan's the other day. We are so excited about seeing you this summer! The boys just signed up for baseball, so things are about to get very busy in the afternoons. We are looking forward to it, though! I would love to see more pics of the house. Take care and we will talk to you again soon!

Blogger Unknown said...

Anna,

congratulations on your move. The house looks HUGE! I love how you arranges everything inside, as I have told you before, I think you have an incredible talent for decorating.

I see you most every morning on my way to school and wave to you in your van.. and every time I think how we really should get together again. I have been really busy with my photography, but maybe next week let's meet up and let the kids play together! :)

Great blog by the way, and very nice pictures.

Talk to you soon.
Annya.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely! love the pieces you purchased there. i may make you shop for me right before you leave (typical). i recognize some items. you have really made the most of what you received there. very nice. love your "leaf" arrangment. you are so cooler than me! :-) beck

Post a Comment

Home