Tuesday, July 3, 2007
Our Beach
















These are shots from our beach--which, I think, even after visiting so many impressive places here on Okinawa is probably our very favorite place of all. We spent the past weekend hanging out on our beach and I took a few shots to share. The sponge, blue fish, and starfish legs are all pictures I took from above the water during low tide. That's how clear the water is! Typically we are the only ones on the beach. Sometimes there is also a local person digging for muscles or fishing. You can see one gentleman out among the rocks at low tide above. There is a shot of an Adan, or the fruit of a screw pine, which looks like a pineapple, but I've read does not taste good at all. They grow all over the coastal areas. The last shot is just a bit of the shoreline. We think it looks a lot like being on the set of Lost!







1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such beautiful pictures Anna... so happy you all are having such a great time even though I know you miss your family and friends a great deal, but it will be over before you know it, so take advantage of it while you can and it sure seems a as though you are.. Hugs Jean Hempel

Post a Comment

Home