
.jpg)
Sunday's outing began with a flat tire on the one and only interstate in Okinawa (called the Expressway). The Expressway is a good example of how everything is "miniature" here... there are only 10 exits and the entire expressway is 57 km or 36 miles long. The speed limit is a whopping 80 km/hr or about 50 miles an hour. And that's, by far and away, the fastest road on the island! After recovering from the flat tire, we ventured out onto some nearby islands for the first time. (If you look on the map a few posts below you can see them out in our bay... past Gushikawa.) We found an excellent beach for gathering shells and took these photos of a couple of fishing boats.



























3 Comments:
Dear Anna and family,
I have been following your adventures and have truly enjoyed your thoughts.
I just got back from Tokyo. I wish you were a little closer to Tokyo so I could stop by and visit.
Hanase-mas-ka nihon-go?
Take care and love,
Dassa
Anna, this is Robert on Pat's computer. I am trying to fix it up so she can comment on your blog. Please let me know if you are able to see this. Great pictures. We miss yawll. I am trying to talk Tommy and Debbie into a trip to see you next May. Will that be a good time?
Robert
Anna,
The boats remind me of Nova Scotia. I am headed there again next month for two weeks. It will be good to relax after our move this week!! YIkes, can't wait to be done. The boats are so peaceful looking.
Elaine
Post a Comment
Home