Sunday, November 25, 2007
Ishigaki















We had a wonderful holiday trip! The island of Ishigaki was amazing. And Club Med was fabulous. Now we know how the other half lives! I could write and write about the things we saw and did. The highlights included a water buffalo pulled cart-ride through a primitive village on Taketomi Island. Searching for star sand on the beach. (This sand is made up of tiny shells or skeletons shaped like stars which have been discarded by the tiny creatures that outgrew them. Very impressive to the kids!) A glass bottom boat ride through Kabira bay--which is known for harvesting black pearls as well as having many, many of the worlds various types of corals. Eating. Shopping. Eating. Lounging. And more eating! Mason was in tears when it was finally time to head home--and that's pretty much how we all felt!



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! It looks like it is an absolutely beautiful place!! The water is gorgeous!
Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing!

Kim

Blogger Elaine said...

Looks like you went from one wonderful place to another, to me!! What great experiences!! YOu will have lots to scrapbook when you come back..
Thanks for sharing.

Blogger Beth said...

The one with the trees and the blue boat and the path is really beautiful. You are a very talented photographer! Club Med, how fun!

beth

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're so glad you had such a nice time. Knowing ya'll had so much fun made it a tiny bit easier not having you here for the holidays. We love you. Dennis & Ga-ga

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna, I love allyour news and photos. I feel like I'm right there with you, Ty and the children. Buddy and I might get over there if you stay awhile. Keep up the wonderful news and photos.
Becky

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna, just wanted to let you know I finally did an appropriate blog thank you for the amazing package you sent. It was all so beautiful and I know if I were closer (or the reverse) we could get in lots of trouble at the japanese book store.

Thanks again friend!

Post a Comment

Home