
I have resisted the temptation of the lovely blue-and-white Japanese china for months. I kept telling myself "it wasn't in my color-scheme" and "I have too many dishes already." But my resolve weakened--and I apparently didn't care what myself had to say! After all, each piece costs less than a dollar. And do you see how cute it looks to mix and match all the different patterns? And I have white everday china that goes so well with it. Do I need any more reasons? No! I now pick up a piece or two every time we are in the 100 Yen store (aka dollar store). The Okinawans seem to have a "natural recycling" program with glass items. They all end up in the ocean. (Broken dishes, bottles, etc.) Thus the lovely sea glass we find on the beachs--and the pretty pottery shards you see here. So this is actually kind of a "before" and "after" shot.


























3 Comments:
Do I see some future jewelry pieces in your hand?
Pretty!!!!!!
Love, Mom
Oh Anna ... they're so pretty! I have so many blue and white dishes ... they are my weakness! I have collected the Spode "Blue Room" for years. I LOVE the broken sea pieces ... and you guys have a lot of sea glass???? OH we love sea glass, but we've only found a few pieces over the years on our NC beaches. You go girl! Hey, I was kidding in my earlier email about a "Dollar Store" ... but you guys have them? What a total hoot!! Can't wait to get your shopping list!
~marlo
Post a Comment
Home