Can you believe there is not a single plastic Easter egg to be found anywhere on this island?! I didn't pack any because I thought that would be an easy thing to pick up at the exchange when the time came... little did I know! Apparently the few eggs that came in on base were snatched up immediately. I never even saw them! After traveling to 3 different bases literally "hunting for Easter eggs," I gave up! The kids will be hunting the old fashioned eggs. Thank goodness Mom sent some Easter bags with goodies or we wouldn't have any baskets either! We will be going to the service at the Chapel on base and then eating an Easter brunch with friends at the O' Club. We are thinking of you all and missing you lots. Happy Easter!
Friday, April 6, 2007



























7 Comments:
Ty and Family,
I wanted all of you to know that I am reading your "Okinawan Adventures." They are quite fascinating. I got the web address to your blog from my grandparents of all people. I didn't even know they knew how to use a computer!
I hope all is well with you all. I am living and working in Dallas for PricewaterhouseCoopers, and I love it.
Keep up the great postings. I look forward to the next time we can see each other.
Everyone from the Big City of Pelahatchie says hello.
Joey
Do you have cars over there? If so, what kind?
Thomas Baldwin
Blountstown Middle School
What kind of food do they eat over there?
Janika Young
Susan Brown
Blountstown Middle School
Do they eat rice over there?
Rachael Melvin
Blountstown Middle School
Thomas--
There are plenty of cars here. But they are small and don't go very fast. The speed is in kilometers instead of miles per hour and we have to drive on the other side of the road! Also, the steering wheel is on the other side of the car. We had to take a Japanese driver's license test to be able to drive here.
Janika, Susan and Rachael--
The Okinawan people eat a lot of suchi (raw fish) and rice. We have already eaten some squid and octupus! They grow a lot of vegetables here. And they eat a noodle type soup called "Soba noodles." I think the Okinawan people are some of the longest-living people in the world and it's because of their diet and exercise. They walk, run and garden a lot. We even see very old people running, walking and bike riding all the time.
Joey--
Great to hear from you! Ty tried answering but couldn't get through. Drop us your email when you get a chance. Glad things are going well in Texas!
Anna and family
yeah for virginia! it figures she would come through for you. you cant depend on your dear old friend, beck for goodie baskets. i still owe you a going away present, a birthday present, etc. etc. i know you would make the most of the egg situation. i am sure they had a great time hunting for napkins :-)
Post a Comment
Home