Friday, March 23, 2007
Bonfire

Last night we joined the Haynes family for a fire on the beach. Col Haynes is Ty's boss, his wife is my friend, their son babysits for the kids, they are our neighbors, and they sponsored us during our move to Okinawa. And I forgot... Mason idolizes (and Alaina is in love with) their two teenage boys. The older son showed Mason his "secret hideout" in the jungle near the beach last week. Complete with a wooden ladder leading into the treetops and a hammock at the top. Mason was in heaven! And he was again last night, shooting fireworks and roasting marshmallows with the big boys.



5 Comments:

Blogger Michele Futch said...
Blogger Michele Futch said...

I think this website is really cool! My favorite pictures are the beach photoes!I think that you live in a really unique town and I would love to visite there someday.I'v learned a lot about Japan and the Japaness culture.Talk to you next time!

From Janika Young!
Mrs. Futch's Class at Blountstown Middle School!

Blogger Michele Futch said...

how is it staying up in there?
is it hard to speak there language?

David Causey from Blountstown Middle School






ps write back

Blogger Michele Futch said...

These 3 comments are from my students, again!

Michele Futch

Blogger anna*in*oki said...

Dear David--

It is very hard to learn to speak Japanese. We only know a few words so far. Some of them are...

Arigato... thank you
Konnichi wa... good afternoon
Ohayo gozai masu...good morning
Konban wa...good evening
Sa-yo-na-ra... good bye

Dear Janika,
I'm glad you like this website. You probably know more about computers than I do! I'm not too good, but I'm learning. My favorite thing about Okinawa is the beach, too. You would probably like it a lot here!

Post a Comment

Home